Disability Studies Network
** The MeCCSA Disability Studies Network is currently dormant **
The MeCCSA Disability Studies Network aims to support and promote the development of the research and teaching of Disability Studies within Media Studies and to provide a space to support and promote the work of disabled academics, lecturers, researchers and media practitioners working in Higher Education. The network will facilitate the sharing of information, develop and promote research and publication in the fields of media, film, music, communications and cultural studies in relation to disability, and will develop links and dialogues with other relevant networks.
It is concerned with research into disabling imagery, disabling aspects of media institutions, the disabling aspects of research, cultural equality in the academy and elsewhere and interventions in media, culture and communications by disability activists, disabled practitioners and academics designed to counteract stereotypes, prejudice and disabling practices.
- Literacy Special Issue CFP: Literacies and Disability
- Developing Countries - Resources online --- IFORS --- ### with some new contributions ###
- JLCDS CFP: Chronic Illness and Representation
- Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies 13.1 is now available online
- Reading Down syndrome: past, present, future? by Dr Helen Davies