The MeCCSA Disability Studies Network aims to support and promote the development of the research and teaching of Disability Studies within Media Studies and to provide a space to support and promote the work of disabled academics, lecturers, researchers and media practitioners working in Higher Education. The network will facilitate the sharing of information, develop and promote research and publication in the fields of media, film, music, communications and cultural studies in relation to disability, and will develop links and dialogues with other relevant networks.
It is concerned with research into disabling imagery, disabling aspects of media institutions, the disabling aspects of research, cultural equality in the academy and elsewhere and interventions in media, culture and communications by disability activists, disabled practitioners and academics designed to counteract stereotypes, prejudice and disabling practices.
- On You Tube - Going To School (Ir a la Escuela) documentary on inclusion & special education
- CCDS Seminar Series - Pride and Prejudice – Emotions in the lives of fathers of autistic children.
- CCDS Seminar Reminder: Affect and the Disability Encounter
- JLCDS CFP: The Intersections of Disability and Science Fiction
- JLCDS CFP: The Biopolitics of Art Education