The Women’s Media Studies Network is intended for all women researching and teaching in media studies, film and media practice and production areas. It aims to raise the profile of women in these disciplines and promote the research women do. It is also establishing links with other women’s associations in the field and with relevant journals both nationally and at international level.
If you wish to host an event at your institution with the support of the WMSN please contact the Chair, Milly Williamson.
The Network operates a mailing list through the JISCmail system:
- Film Screening and Q&A with Kajal Nisha Patel 7 March University of Leicester
- CUNY CFP "Bridging Gaps: Where is the Critic in Television Journalism? (NYC 2017)
- CFP Book chapters- Re-writing Women as Victims
- Comedy, Gender and Offence Panel Seminar - 8th March 2017
- Call for Book Proposals: Protest, Media and Culture