As an association representing the interest of university students, teachers, and researchers in our field, we wish to express our strong support for those of our members currently taking strike action in opposition to proposed changes in their pension arrangements. The health and diversity of our field are already unduly dependent on the goodwill and commitment of many people in unacceptably precarious employment conditions. To diminish their pension rights further would be to the detriment of both staff and students in this field as in others. The threat to pension arrangements is thus a direct hazard to the academic vitality and vigour of the field we represent, and in the interests of all our members we oppose the projected changes and support the continued opposition to them.
- MeCCSA statement on USS pension dispute between UCU and UUK
- AGM 2018 documents and Dinah Birch keynote slides
- Three-D Issue 29
- MeCCSA guidance for REF external advisor roles
- MeCCSA nominations for members of REF2021 panels
- Screen Industry Tutors - MetFilm/ScreenSpace
- Call for proposals closing Friday: International Journal of Students as Partners: Third Space Partnerships
- Goldsmiths Media and Communications Book Launch Event 27th June
- PhD Studentship in A.I. in Analogue and Digital Games (AHRC NWCDTP National Productivity Investment Fund)
- CFP: Imagining ‘We’ in the Age of ‘I’: Romance and Social Bonding in Contemporary Culture
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.