An exciting October with an event on Practice-based research and the REF2014 that I planned since taking up my role as Chair of the Practice Network. I was able to secure Bruce Brown, Chair of Panel D along with panel members from 34 and 36. The event sold out and had a long waiting list indicating the demand and interest in the opportunities and challenges that the REF provides practice-based research. I wanted the day to be an enabling and informative one for attendees and speakers and to this end the presentations were focused on the “how to” of the REF criteria with examples and case studies. I want to thank all the speakers for their generosity in sharing their experiences and knowledge. For more information on the event please go to the network page on the MeCCSA website and join us on Facebook for updates of this and other events.
- QAA publishes subject benchmark statement
- Three-D Issue 26
- Ofcom launches research page for media academics
- CFP: Radicalisation in culture and media
- Three-D Issue 24
- TODAY: Movements, Media and (In)Equality: Left responses to Trump
- CFP Urban anxieties in the Global South
- CfP Media Mutations 9: "The Format Factor. Television Shows, Brands and Properties in the Global Television Scenario" (Bologna, May 23rd-24th, 2017)
- Mediapolis: Open Call for Contributions
- FW: Disruptive Events - Thursday, 8th December, 2016 De Montfort University, Edith Murphy Lecture Theatre 0.28
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.