An exciting October with an event on Practice-based research and the REF2014 that I planned since taking up my role as Chair of the Practice Network. I was able to secure Bruce Brown, Chair of Panel D along with panel members from 34 and 36. The event sold out and had a long waiting list indicating the demand and interest in the opportunities and challenges that the REF provides practice-based research. I wanted the day to be an enabling and informative one for attendees and speakers and to this end the presentations were focused on the “how to” of the REF criteria with examples and case studies. I want to thank all the speakers for their generosity in sharing their experiences and knowledge. For more information on the event please go to the network page on the MeCCSA website and join us on Facebook for updates of this and other events.
- CFP MeCCSA PGN Conference 2019
- Three-D Issue 31
- MeCCSA response to political interference in Australia’s research grant process
- Three-D Issue 30
- MeCCSA statement on USS pension dispute between UCU and UUK
- Dave Morley: Communication and Mobility: The Migrant, the Mobile Phone and the Container Box
- Comedy and Knowledge in Post-Truth Times – 10th February 2019 @ Leicester Comedy Festival with special guests
- Re: Registration is OPEN - Straight to the Front Row: Investigating Contemporary Western Gay Male Cinema
- Registration is OPEN - Straight to the Front Row: Investigating Contemporary Western Gay Male Cinema
- Senior Lecturer Vacancy at CCPR, University of Glasgow
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.