An exciting October with an event on Practice-based research and the REF2014 that I planned since taking up my role as Chair of the Practice Network. I was able to secure Bruce Brown, Chair of Panel D along with panel members from 34 and 36. The event sold out and had a long waiting list indicating the demand and interest in the opportunities and challenges that the REF provides practice-based research. I wanted the day to be an enabling and informative one for attendees and speakers and to this end the presentations were focused on the “how to” of the REF criteria with examples and case studies. I want to thank all the speakers for their generosity in sharing their experiences and knowledge. For more information on the event please go to the network page on the MeCCSA website and join us on Facebook for updates of this and other events.
- MeCCSA guidance for REF external advisor roles
- MeCCSA nominations for members of REF2021 panels
- Joint statement from BAFTSS and MeCCSA on REF2021 [Updated: response from HEFCE and Panel D Chair]
- HEFCE call for the Appointment of Sub-Panel chairs for REF 2021
- Three-D Issue 28
- University of Brighton 13 December 12noon, Prof Michael Goodman, ‘The Empathy Machine’
- King's College London Seminar 29 November, 4pm: Prof. Jen D. Snowball: Cultural Policy in South Africa
- CFP : Call for papers - Carleton Communications Graduate Caucus Conference 2018
- Andrew Goodwin memorial prize - best essay by a postgraduate student on popular music
- Invitation to contribute to Three-D, official MeCCSA newsletter
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.