An exciting October with an event on Practice-based research and the REF2014 that I planned since taking up my role as Chair of the Practice Network. I was able to secure Bruce Brown, Chair of Panel D along with panel members from 34 and 36. The event sold out and had a long waiting list indicating the demand and interest in the opportunities and challenges that the REF provides practice-based research. I wanted the day to be an enabling and informative one for attendees and speakers and to this end the presentations were focused on the “how to” of the REF criteria with examples and case studies. I want to thank all the speakers for their generosity in sharing their experiences and knowledge. For more information on the event please go to the network page on the MeCCSA website and join us on Facebook for updates of this and other events.
- Conference: TV News: fair, balanced and impartial?
- Annual General Meeting 2017
- Response submitted by MeCCSA to the DCMS consultation on the Leveson inquiry and its implementation
- Three-D Issue 27
- Studying MeCCSA subjects at University
- Digital Objects, Digital Subjects: An Interdisciplinary Symposium on Activism, Research & Critique in the Age of Big Data Capitalism - Conference programme published
- Registration open for Screen Studies Conference, 23-5 June 2017, University of Glasgow
- Deadline extended: CfP: Oxford Brookes PMRU and OxPAN Postgraduate Popular Music Study Day
- External Advisor/External Examiner(s) wanted for MA Broadcast Journalism
- Registration for Troubling Time: An Exploration of Temporality in the Arts
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.