MeCCSA JISCmail list
MeCCSA operates a discussion and information list through the JISCMail system.
This mailing list is a free service and is not restricted to members. It is an unmoderated list and content reflect the views of those who post to the list and not of MeCCSA as an organisation.
MeCCSA recommends that the list be used only for posting of information (for example about events, publications, conferences, lectures) of interest to members or to promote discussion of current issues of wide general interest in the field. Posts to the MeCCSA mailing list are public, indexed by Google, and can be accessed from the JISCMail website.
Any messages posted to the list are subject to the JISCMail acceptable use policy, which states that users should avoid “engaging in unreasonable behaviour, or disrupting the general flow of discussion on a list” (see bottom of this page for more details).
Posting a message:
To post a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list, send an email to: MECCSA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Please note that you have to send messages from the email you are subscribed to the list with in order for your email to be posted. The list does not accept attachments, so everything must be in the body of the email.
Subscribing or modifying your subscription:
For any further information, subscriptions and unsubscription questions please visit the MeCCSA JISCmail list website, or the subscription page where you can sign up to the list or modify your existing subscription (e.g. update you email address, or change the frequency at which you receive posts by signing up for daily or weekly digests).
- Data Skills Survey
- Associate lecturer : Oxford Brookes University
- Conference: Researching Past Cinema Audiences - Call for Papers (Aberystwyth University, UK)
- GAME OF THRONES: AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Announcement - Edited Collection Publication - MeCCSA
On the MeCCSA JISCmail list page you will be able to access all the messages posted on the list since 1998.
MeCCSA’s Networks also operate their own mailing lists:
- Environmental Communication Course starting in September
- TWO COURSES ON 'GENETIC DATA ANALYSIS' AND 'LANDSCAPE GENETICS'
- PLEASE CIRCULATE: 2 WEEKS TO GO: Sustainable Earth 2017 - A global forum connecting research with action (29 and 30 June 2017, Plymouth University)
- 'COURSE ON STRUCTURAL EQUATION MODELLING'
- Mourning Nature - Ashlee Cunsolo & Karen Landman
- Call for chapter proposals – ‘Different Bodies: Disability and the Media’
- JLCDS 11.2 on Project MUSE
- Symposium CFP: Disability Gains for the Academy
- Mobilizing Metaphor - Edited by Christine Kelly & Michael Orsini
- Disability, Human Rights, and Information Technology edited by Jonathan Lazar & Michael Ashley Stein
- Meeting on tabloids and 2017 General Election
- THE MOVIE IS NOT THE MAP IS NOT THE MOVIE :LIVING MAPS FINAL EVENT THIS SUMMER
- FW: Call for Abstracts - Children's Global Media Summit
- Creative Economy PhD Studentships
- The Movie is not the map is not the movie : Livingmaps Final Summer event July 19th
- CFP: Methodologies in Film-Philosophy PGR Study Day, King's College London
- FINAL WEEKS: CMCS Perth 2017 - Bridging Gaps: National Identity in Persona, Branding and Activism
- Need help to get your research ready for journal publication? New online course.
- Health Ledger Panel announced: CMCS Perth 2017 - Bridging Gaps: National Identity in Persona, Branding and Activism
- REGISTRATION OPEN: CAMEo Conference 6-8 September
- Email: MECCSA-SMN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
- change of email address
- CFP - Matters of Sensation
- CfP - Excursions Journal and Symposium - 'Networks'
- Three-D Issue 28, June 2017 - Election Special!
- Becoming Brands: Celebrity, Activism and Politics (2017) Paperback
The MeCCSA Radio Studies Network encourages interested colleagues to subscribe to the Radio Studies list (email: RADIO-STUDIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK), a forum for teachers, researchers and broadcasters active since 1998.
Please note that the MeCCSA mailing lists are all subject to the standard JISCMail Acceptable Use policy. This includes the following points:
- JISCMail is a service which runs mailing lists for the benefit of the UK Higher and Further Education and Research Community
- JISCMail does not allow spam, junk mail, chain letters or other unsolicited bulk email, commercial or otherwise, on any list
- The posting of unsolicited commercial or advertising material is not allowed
- Messages sent to JISCMail lists should be courteous and appropriate, and should not disrupt the flow of discussion on a list
- Copyright of messages sent to a JISCMail list are retained by the original sender
- Messages sent to a JISCMail list will normally be archived on the list’s homepage
- You will not attempt to mislead others as to your identity, either by providing false information when subscribing to, or posting to a JISCMail list, or by forging the headers and addresses in an email message
- Membership of a JISCMail list must be voluntary, and neither the list owner nor any other person may subscribe a person to a list without that person’s consent
- We reserve the right to remove offensive messages from our archives immediately
Please visit JISCMail Acceptable Use to read the policy in full.