MeCCSA email discussion list
MeCCSA operates a discussion and information list through the JISCMail system.
This mailing list is a free service and is not restricted to members. It is an unmoderated list and content reflect the views of those who post to the list and not of MeCCSA as an organisation.
MeCCSA recommends that the list be used only for posting of information (for example about events, publications, conferences, lectures) of interest to members or to promote discussion of current issues of wide general interest in the field. Posts to the MeCCSA mailing list are public, indexed by Google, and can be accessed from the JISCMail website.
Any messages posted to the list are subject to the JISCMail acceptable use policy, which states that users should avoid “engaging in unreasonable behaviour, or disrupting the general flow of discussion on a list” (see bottom of this page for more details).
Posting a message:
To post a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list, send an email to: MECCSA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Please note that you have to send messages from the email you are subscribed to the list with in order for your email to be posted. The list does not accept attachments, so everything must be in the body of the email.
To post a message on the list if you are not a subscriber (subject to approval), please get in touch with Elizabeth Poole.
Subscribing or modifying your subscription:
For any further information, subscriptions and unsubscription questions please visit the MeCCSA JISCmail list website, or the subscription page where you can sign up to the list or modify your existing subscription (e.g. update you email address, or change the frequency at which you receive posts by signing up for daily or weekly digests).
- TORCH Comics Research Network seminar_BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES
- FINAL REMINDER: FILM AND MEDIA AUTUMN EVENTS AT WOLVERHAMPTON
- New Book: Women in the International Film Industry
On the MeCCSA JISCmail list page you will be able to access all the messages posted on the list since 1998.
MeCCSA’s Networks also operate their own mailing lists:
- Abstract deadline - Online Education Conference: April 2021
- Globe-trotting events series RSA Global now on
- New Education Book – Routledge call
- JLCDS: Disability History Month
- JLCDS 14.4: The Intersections of Disability and Science Fiction
- The latest issue of Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies is now available online.
- AGM and Panel: Collaboration in Local and Community Media
- Trust in Journalism Conference
- Future News Fund impact report
- 'Women's Vision in Transition' Online Launch of Collaborative Photography Project Wednesday 25th November 2020 12.30pm GMT via Zoom
- Intellect Books. CFP. Art, Design + Technology Book Series
- Asian Cultural Policy Research Seminars at King's College London
- PhD Proofreading Services
- 2 month post-doc post in Data and Society @ Bangor University
- CFP: The Western and Postwar America
- Email: MECCSA-SMN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
- Reminder: launch of 'Feminist Media' by Claire Sedgwick, Nov 17
- Apologies: link to webinar: Engendering Caste, Sexualizing Race | Nov 11, 9 pm IST/ 10:30 am ET
- Fw: Engendering Caste, Sexualizing Race | Nov 11, 9 pm IST/ 10:30 am ET
- Fwd: FW: Vacancy: The Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Education Trust: Project Manager for Covid-19 Archive project
- Call for Papers: Journal of Global Diaspora and Media (Special Issue: ‘Migrations, Diasporas and Media: Human Rights and (In)mobility during the Pandemic’)
- Re: Midlands 4 Cities Fully funded PhD Opportunity at De Montfort University
The MeCCSA Radio Studies Network encourages interested colleagues to subscribe to the Radio Studies list (email: RADIO-STUDIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK), a forum for teachers, researchers and broadcasters active since 1998.
Please note that the MeCCSA mailing lists are all subject to the standard JISCMail Acceptable Use policy. This includes the following points:
- JISCMail is a service which runs mailing lists for the benefit of the UK Higher and Further Education and Research Community
- JISCMail does not allow spam, junk mail, chain letters or other unsolicited bulk email, commercial or otherwise, on any list
- The posting of unsolicited commercial or advertising material is not allowed
- Messages sent to JISCMail lists should be courteous and appropriate, and should not disrupt the flow of discussion on a list
- Copyright of messages sent to a JISCMail list are retained by the original sender
- Messages sent to a JISCMail list will normally be archived on the list’s homepage
- You will not attempt to mislead others as to your identity, either by providing false information when subscribing to, or posting to a JISCMail list, or by forging the headers and addresses in an email message
- Membership of a JISCMail list must be voluntary, and neither the list owner nor any other person may subscribe a person to a list without that person’s consent
- We reserve the right to remove offensive messages from our archives immediately
Please visit JISCMail Acceptable Use to read the policy in full.