MeCCSA email discussion list
MeCCSA operates a discussion and information list through the JISCMail system.
This mailing list is a free service and is not restricted to members. It is an unmoderated list and content reflect the views of those who post to the list and not of MeCCSA as an organisation.
MeCCSA recommends that the list be used only for posting of information (for example about events, publications, conferences, lectures) of interest to members or to promote discussion of current issues of wide general interest in the field. Posts to the MeCCSA mailing list are public, indexed by Google, and can be accessed from the JISCMail website.
Any messages posted to the list are subject to the JISCMail acceptable use policy, which states that users should avoid “engaging in unreasonable behaviour, or disrupting the general flow of discussion on a list” (see bottom of this page for more details).
Posting a message:
To post a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list, send an email to: MECCSA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Please note that you have to send messages from the email you are subscribed to the list with in order for your email to be posted. The list does not accept attachments, so everything must be in the body of the email.
To post a message on the list if you are not a subscriber (subject to approval), please get in touch with Elizabeth Poole.
Subscribing or modifying your subscription:
For any further information, subscriptions and unsubscription questions please visit the MeCCSA JISCmail list website, or the subscription page where you can sign up to the list or modify your existing subscription (e.g. update you email address, or change the frequency at which you receive posts by signing up for daily or weekly digests).
- Copyright and Creative Reuse in Education - online course
- St Andrews Centre for Screen Cultures Playlist Initiative: New Year
On the MeCCSA JISCmail list page you will be able to access all the messages posted on the list since 1998.
MeCCSA’s Networks also operate their own mailing lists:
- Invitation to attend RSA webinar series – new sessions added for September to December 2020
- CFP: Virtual Conference: Routledge, YouTube, University of Manchester.
- CfP: MeCCSA Networking Knowledge Journal Special Issue: Climate, Creatures and COVID-19: Environment and Animals in 21st Century Media Discourse
- Three-D Issue 34, BLM and Covid-19
- CFP: Reappraising UK local and community news media practice and policy
- Annual leave until 3 August
- CFP: Teaching in a Time of Change / Teaching+Research. 2020-21
- Call for Papers: Journal of Digital Media & Policy (Special Issue: ‘Digital Media, Public Policy and the Implementation of the Revised AVMSD’)
- Interactions: Studies in Communication & Culture 11.2 is out now (Special Issue: ‘Advocating for Public Service Media: Scholarship and Praxis’)
- MeCCSA PGN Welcomes New Committee Members
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Emotional Objects – Northern Renaissance Afterlives in Object, Image and Word, 1890s-1920s
- JAM Conference 2020 - Website now live!
- Email: MECCSA-SMN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
- SSS Queering the Archive: Final Roundtable
- Call For Papers: iEnglish Journal
- Statement on sexualised abuses of power in Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
- "Prosecuting & Policing Rap", Call 4 Abstracts, special issue, POPULAR MUSIC (Cambridge UP) [reminder]
- Fwd: Leicester in Protest, Leicester in Lockdown- Sept 16th (online event) [Reminder]
- Mita Lad is forwarding an email to you
The MeCCSA Radio Studies Network encourages interested colleagues to subscribe to the Radio Studies list (email: RADIO-STUDIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK), a forum for teachers, researchers and broadcasters active since 1998.
Please note that the MeCCSA mailing lists are all subject to the standard JISCMail Acceptable Use policy. This includes the following points:
- JISCMail is a service which runs mailing lists for the benefit of the UK Higher and Further Education and Research Community
- JISCMail does not allow spam, junk mail, chain letters or other unsolicited bulk email, commercial or otherwise, on any list
- The posting of unsolicited commercial or advertising material is not allowed
- Messages sent to JISCMail lists should be courteous and appropriate, and should not disrupt the flow of discussion on a list
- Copyright of messages sent to a JISCMail list are retained by the original sender
- Messages sent to a JISCMail list will normally be archived on the list’s homepage
- You will not attempt to mislead others as to your identity, either by providing false information when subscribing to, or posting to a JISCMail list, or by forging the headers and addresses in an email message
- Membership of a JISCMail list must be voluntary, and neither the list owner nor any other person may subscribe a person to a list without that person’s consent
- We reserve the right to remove offensive messages from our archives immediately
Please visit JISCMail Acceptable Use to read the policy in full.