MeCCSA email discussion list
MeCCSA operates a discussion and information list through the JISCMail system.
This mailing list is a free service and is not restricted to members. Please note that this is an unmoderated list and its content reflects the views of those who post to the list, not of MeCCSA as an organisation.
MeCCSA recommends that the list be used only for posting of information (for example about events, publications, conferences, lectures) of interest to members or to promote discussion of current issues of wide general interest in the field. Posts to the MeCCSA mailing list are public, indexed by Google, and can be accessed from the JISCMail website.
Any messages posted to the list are subject to the JISCMail acceptable use policy, which states that users should avoid “engaging in unreasonable behaviour, or disrupting the general flow of discussion on a list” (see bottom of this page for more details).
Posting a message:
To post a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list, send an email to: MECCSA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Please note that you have to send messages from the email address with which you are subscribed to the list in order for your email to be posted. The list does not accept attachments, so everything must be in the body of the email.
To post a message on the list if you are not a subscriber (subject to approval), please get in touch with Elizabeth Poole.
Subscribing or modifying your subscription:
For any further information, subscriptions and unsubscription questions please visit the MeCCSA JISCmail list website, or the subscription page where you can sign up to the list or modify your existing subscription (e.g. update you email address, or change the frequency at which you receive posts by signing up for daily or weekly digests).
- Fw: Do you know a suitable candidate for a fully funded PhD position?
- Film composer interview: Christopher Willis (The Death of Stalin, The Personal History of David Copperfield)
- New Network of European Humanities
On the MeCCSA JISCmail list page you will be able to access all the messages posted on the list since 1998.
MeCCSA’s Networks also operate their own mailing lists:
- Three online statistics courses
- CFP: A Focus on Pedagogy 2022. Germany, USA, South Africa, Pakistan, UK
- Regional Studies Association Professional Development Webinar Series – more sessions in April and May
- Cultural Stations of Blindness: CFP Reminder
- Journal of Literary and Cultural Disability Studies
- JLCDS 15.2: Representations of Deafness
- FW: LCM Webinar. Professor Chris W. Anderson, Local Journalism: 20 years on.
- A Germ’s Journey Community Healthcare Communications Discussions
- LCM Webinar. Professor Chris W. Anderson, Local Journalism: 20 years on.
- MAPPING THE PANDEMIC WEBINAR MAY 26th
- Journal of Digital Media & Policy 12.1 is out now! (Special Issue: ‘COVID-19 and Digital Media Policy’)
- Cfp - Teaching and Learning 2022. Technology, Media and Design
- One month left to register for the 30th Screen Studies Conference (25-27 June 2021). Student fee £20.
- JOB POSTING: 2x LECTURER IN FILM & MEDIA PRACTICE, University of Kent
- New open access book: Ageing with Smartphones in Urban Italy (UCL Press)
- Email: MECCSA-SMN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
- Last Chance to Catch "Golden Gate Girls": an untold story about an Asian female film pioneer in Hollywood
- Event Reminder: Dr Francesca Sobande
- Shell-Shocked: Feminist Criticism after Trump
- Fwd: Upcoming event! Book Launch: Muslim Women’s Political Participation in France and Belgium
- Liquid Blackness: Journal of Aesthetics and Black Studies 5.1 on "liquidity"
- A bit of self- promotion here...
The MeCCSA Radio Studies Network encourages interested colleagues to subscribe to the Radio Studies list (email: RADIO-STUDIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK), a forum for teachers, researchers and broadcasters active since 1998.
Please note that the MeCCSA mailing lists are all subject to the standard JISCMail Acceptable Use policy. This includes the following points:
- JISCMail is a service which runs mailing lists for the benefit of the UK Higher and Further Education and Research Community
- JISCMail does not allow spam, junk mail, chain letters or other unsolicited bulk email, commercial or otherwise, on any list
- The posting of unsolicited commercial or advertising material is not allowed
- Messages sent to JISCMail lists should be courteous and appropriate, and should not disrupt the flow of discussion on a list
- Copyright of messages sent to a JISCMail list are retained by the original sender
- Messages sent to a JISCMail list will normally be archived on the list’s homepage
- You will not attempt to mislead others as to your identity, either by providing false information when subscribing to, or posting to a JISCMail list, or by forging the headers and addresses in an email message
- Membership of a JISCMail list must be voluntary, and neither the list owner nor any other person may subscribe a person to a list without that person’s consent
- We reserve the right to remove offensive messages from our archives immediately
Please visit JISCMail Acceptable Use to read the policy in full.