A MeCCSA Practice Section Conference supported by the BUFVC
Following on from MeCCSA’s Future of Screen Heritage symposium held in
September 2007, this conference reassessed aspects of the institutional
and intellectual links which exist between our film archives and our
universities, and explored how they might develop and strengthen.
Such links now seem woven into the fabric of scholarly activity around
research and curation of moving image material. New questions now
challenge us, from the implications of digitisation on collections and
access, to the challenges of copyright and legal deposit.
- Charles Barr, Washington University in St Louis
- Nicholas Pronay, University of Leeds
- Claude Mussou, Institut National de l’Audiovisuel, Paris
- Johan Oomen, Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid, Hilversum
- Patrick Russell, BFI, London
- Justin Smith, University of Portsmouth
- Richard Taylor, East Anglian Film Archive, Norwich
- Peter Todd, BFI, London
Organised by the Louis Le Prince Centre for Cinema, Photography and Television, Institute of Communication Studies, University of Leeds. Supported by MeCCSA Practice Section and British Universities Film and Video Council (BUFVC).