MeCCSA Outstanding Achievement Awards – 2022 call for nominations
To recognise outstanding research in the fields of media, communication, and cultural studies, MeCCSA is presenting annual awards in the following categories:
- MeCCSA Journal Article of the Year
- MeCCSA Monograph of the Year
- MeCCSA Edited Collection of the Year
- MeCCSA Practice Based Research of the Year
- MeCCSA Doctoral Research of the Year
We are now inviting nominations for outputs published / released in public domain or doctoral research completed in 2021. Nominations will be reviewed by a panel appointed by the MeCCSA Executive Committee who will decide the shortlists, and make one award per year for each category. All MeCCSA Awards will be announced at the Annual Conference held in September.
General nomination guidelines
- To be eligible for any award, the research output must fit within the remit of Media, Communication, and Cultural Studies and make an outstanding contribution to the field.
- The nominated output must be published/released in the public domain in the calendar year preceding the year of the award. For the calendar year 2022, eligible outputs are those published/released in public domain in 2021.
- Nominations must include a statement outlining why the output or doctoral research should receive the award, including an assessment of how it makes an exceptional contribution to the fields represented by MeCCSA.
- No MeCCSA member who makes a nomination or who is nominated for an Award can serve on the panel judging the nomination for that Award.
- Successful recipients will receive a certificate of award, one year membership of MeCCSA, and be invited to contribute an article to Three-D outlining the contribution of their work to the field.
- All nominations must be submitted via the MeCCSA website submission link: https://bit.ly/MeCCSA_Awards_Nomination_2022 (alternative link: https://forms.office.com/r/t2LjVjkmZQ)
Eligibility for published outputs or practice-based research awards
- Outputs may be single or co-authored, co-edited, or co-produced.
- Both the nominator and the nominee must be members of MeCCSA, either as part of an institutional membership or as an individual member.
- Note that you do not need to be part of the named voting members of an institutional membership to be eligible – anyone within a department or institution that is a member can nominate or be nominated.
For any questions regarding these Awards or the nomination process, please contact the MeCCSA Executive via Prof Agnes Gulyas (email: email@example.com). Use the subject line ‘MeCCSA Awards’.
Eligibility and criteria for doctoral research award
- All types of doctoral award are eligible; including PhD by thesis, PhD by practice-based research, PhD by publications, Education or Professional doctorates.
- Candidates must have their Doctoral award confirmed by their institution in the calendar year preceding the year of the Award. For the calendar year 2022, eligible doctoral research will be those that were confirmed in 2021. You do not need to have attended a graduation ceremony to be eligible.
- Nominations may be submitted by a member of the supervisory team, examiners, or any MeCCSA member with full knowledge of the thesis. Self-nomination by the candidate is also permissible.
- A panel appointed by the MeCCSA Executive will assess the nominations and create a shortlist. Candidates on the shortlist will be asked to provide a full copy of the Doctoral work to the panel for consideration.
- Those nominated do not need to be members of MeCCSA, but anyone nominating (other than self-nomination) must be a paid member of MeCCSA.
For any questions regarding this Award or the nomination process, please contact the MeCCSA Executive Postgraduate Network Liaison Dr Ruth Sanz Sabido (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Use the subject line ‘MeCCSA Doctoral Student Award’.
Deadline and nominations
- Nominations must be submitted via the online submission form: https://j.mp/MeCCSA_Awards_Nomination_2022
- Deadline for all nominations is midday Thursday 28th April 2022.
- The shortlist for each category will be announced by end of July 2022.
- Successful Awards will be announced on 8th September 2022, at the Annual MeCCSA Conference Awards Ceremony.