Sound Studies Network
Aims of the Network
- To provide an interdisciplinary forum for the exchange of ideas and to share research on sound in media, communication and cultural studies.
- To promote, support and lead research and teaching in sound studies within media, communication and cultural studies.
- To support and facilitate the development of collaborative and interdisciplinary research initiatives in the field of sound studies.
- To connect with international networks and bodies concerned with research and teaching in sound studies within media, communication and cultural studies.
Objectives of the Network
- To establish and maintain online resources supporting colleagues teaching and researching sound in media, communication and cultural studies.
- To organise workshops, symposia and conferences on sound studies research and teaching. In particular, the network would seek to re-establish the interdisciplinary Sounding Out conference, which ran in the early 2000s, potentially as a bi-annual event.
- To create a forum for the proposal and discussion of collaborative, interdisciplinary research and teaching projects on sound in media, communication and cultural studies.
- To engage with relevant national and international networks, associations and other bodies through participation in external events, projects and other initiatives; for example, the SCMS Sound Studies Scholarly Interest Group, and the NECS Sound and Music in Media Group.
To register your interest, please contact one of our committee members or join the MeCCSA Sound Studies Network mailing list.