As an association representing the interest of university students, teachers, and researchers in our field, we wish to express our strong support for those of our members currently taking strike action in opposition to proposed changes in their pension arrangements. The health and diversity of our field are already unduly dependent on the goodwill and commitment of many people in unacceptably precarious employment conditions. To diminish their pension rights further would be to the detriment of both staff and students in this field as in others. The threat to pension arrangements is thus a direct hazard to the academic vitality and vigour of the field we represent, and in the interests of all our members we oppose the projected changes and support the continued opposition to them.
- CFP MeCCSA PGN Conference 2019
- Three-D Issue 31
- MeCCSA response to political interference in Australia’s research grant process
- Three-D Issue 30
- MeCCSA statement on USS pension dispute between UCU and UUK
- Dave Morley: Communication and Mobility: The Migrant, the Mobile Phone and the Container Box
- Comedy and Knowledge in Post-Truth Times – 10th February 2019 @ Leicester Comedy Festival with special guests
- Re: Registration is OPEN - Straight to the Front Row: Investigating Contemporary Western Gay Male Cinema
- Registration is OPEN - Straight to the Front Row: Investigating Contemporary Western Gay Male Cinema
- Senior Lecturer Vacancy at CCPR, University of Glasgow
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.