As an association representing the interest of university students, teachers, and researchers in our field, we wish to express our strong support for those of our members currently taking strike action in opposition to proposed changes in their pension arrangements. The health and diversity of our field are already unduly dependent on the goodwill and commitment of many people in unacceptably precarious employment conditions. To diminish their pension rights further would be to the detriment of both staff and students in this field as in others. The threat to pension arrangements is thus a direct hazard to the academic vitality and vigour of the field we represent, and in the interests of all our members we oppose the projected changes and support the continued opposition to them.
- Three-D Issue 30
- MeCCSA statement on USS pension dispute between UCU and UUK
- AGM 2018 documents and Dinah Birch keynote slides
- Three-D Issue 29
- MeCCSA guidance for REF external advisor roles
- CFP REMINDER: Fantasy/Animation Research Network (DEADLINE: Friday 14th December)
- SAGAR now accepting articles and translations related to South Asia
- Journal of Applied Journalism & Media Studies 7.3 is now available!
- Issue 5 of NANG, a 10-issue magazine dedicated to cinema in Asia, is now available
- EXTENDED CFP (Deadline 16/11/2018) - Straight to the Front Row: Investigating Contemporary Western Gay Male Cinema
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.