I am very pleased to announce that we have today launched a revamped version of the MeCCSA website.
We have been working actively over the summer to migrate the website from one content management system to another, and decided to take the opportunity to also breathe some new life into the site.
Key changes that you will notice include:
- More prominent “News” section, which pulls content from across the site.
- Newsletter content will now be dual-published as news posts and the traditional PDF version.
- Comments are enabled for news items to allow people to respond directly on the site. Moderation is in place to avoid spamming.
- More prominent “Networks” pages. These now all follow the same content structure, with their own news and events pages that are also linked to central news and events archives. New network logos and colour schemes have been added where appropriate.
- Conference section has a new standardised content format, which will make it easier for delegates to find essential information.
- Events management is now handled centrally, which means all events will have consistent formatting for date and venue details.
We are still in the process of reclassifying some of the old content, so please bear with us whilst we undertake this work. Many thanks to Joe Flintham at Bournemouth University who carried out the migration.
We welcome your feedback on the new design, and please do let us know if you spot anything that is not working!
MeCCSA Communications Officer