An exciting October with an event on Practice-based research and the REF2014 that I planned since taking up my role as Chair of the Practice Network. I was able to secure Bruce Brown, Chair of Panel D along with panel members from 34 and 36. The event sold out and had a long waiting list indicating the demand and interest in the opportunities and challenges that the REF provides practice-based research. I wanted the day to be an enabling and informative one for attendees and speakers and to this end the presentations were focused on the “how to” of the REF criteria with examples and case studies. I want to thank all the speakers for their generosity in sharing their experiences and knowledge. For more information on the event please go to the network page on the MeCCSA website and join us on Facebook for updates of this and other events.
- CFP MeCCSA PGN Conference 2019
- Three-D Issue 31
- MeCCSA response to political interference in Australia’s research grant process
- Three-D Issue 30
- MeCCSA statement on USS pension dispute between UCU and UUK
- Data Power conference 2019: abstract submission deadline 31st January 2019
- Digital literacies and digital inequalities research post: Postdoctoral Research Associate Grade 7: University of Liverpool
- CFP - Symposium: "Music, cities and popular memory" (29/3/19) | Deadline: March 1st
- CfP II International Conference "Ways of Making and Doing. Women and Cinemas of Latin America." Madrid, 11-13 September, 2019
- CFP: Masculinity and Body Image in the 21st Century - AHRC Network Launch
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.