An exciting October with an event on Practice-based research and the REF2014 that I planned since taking up my role as Chair of the Practice Network. I was able to secure Bruce Brown, Chair of Panel D along with panel members from 34 and 36. The event sold out and had a long waiting list indicating the demand and interest in the opportunities and challenges that the REF provides practice-based research. I wanted the day to be an enabling and informative one for attendees and speakers and to this end the presentations were focused on the “how to” of the REF criteria with examples and case studies. I want to thank all the speakers for their generosity in sharing their experiences and knowledge. For more information on the event please go to the network page on the MeCCSA website and join us on Facebook for updates of this and other events.
- Joint statement from BAFTSS and MeCCSA on REF2021
- HEFCE call for the Appointment of Sub-Panel chairs for REF 2021
- Three-D Issue 28
- Conference: TV News: fair, balanced and impartial?
- Annual General Meeting 2017
- Final Reminder for Call for Papers Deadline (Friday 22 September): From Text to Screen and Back to Text. Film and Literature, the Portuguese Context
- Re: 2018 Toronto ISA World Congress, RC 13 Sociology of Leisure, Abstract Submission Reminder - Deadline PENDING 30 September 2017
- Fwd: [Air-L] Assistant Professor position in Communication, Politics, and Policy
- CAMRI research seminars overview
- Final Reminder of Call for Papers Deadline: Cine-Excess XI International Film Festival and Conference 9th-11th November
MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Visit our About MeCCSA page for more information.