MeCCSA JISCmail list
MeCCSA operates a discussion and information list through the JISCMail system.
This mailing list is a free service and is not restricted to members. It is an unmoderated list and content reflect the views of those who post to the list and not of MeCCSA as an organisation.
MeCCSA recommends that the list be used only for posting of information (for example about events, publications, conferences, lectures) of interest to members or to promote discussion of current issues of wide general interest in the field. Posts to the MeCCSA mailing list are public, indexed by Google, and can be accessed from the JISCMail website.
Any messages posted to the list are subject to the JISCMail acceptable use policy, which states that users should avoid “engaging in unreasonable behaviour, or disrupting the general flow of discussion on a list” (see bottom of this page for more details).
Posting a message:
To post a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list, send an email to: MECCSA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Please note that you have to send messages from the email you are subscribed to the list with in order for your email to be posted. The list does not accept attachments, so everything must be in the body of the email.
Subscribing or modifying your subscription:
For any further information, subscriptions and unsubscription questions please visit the MeCCSA JISCmail list website, or the subscription page where you can sign up to the list or modify your existing subscription (e.g. update you email address, or change the frequency at which you receive posts by signing up for daily or weekly digests).
- An Introduction to Moving Image Metadata – Training from Learning on Screen
- All back content to Extrapolation is now available to institutions through a Premium Subscription
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships - School of Arts
- CFP: Cross Generational Relationships and Cinema
- Deadline Extended to 22 September! Call for Papers: From Text to Screen and Back to Text. Film and Literature, the Portuguese Context
On the MeCCSA JISCmail list page you will be able to access all the messages posted on the list since 1998.
MeCCSA’s Networks also operate their own mailing lists:
- Course on Bayesian modelling
- Environmental Communication Course starting in September
- TWO COURSES ON 'GENETIC DATA ANALYSIS' AND 'LANDSCAPE GENETICS'
- PLEASE CIRCULATE: 2 WEEKS TO GO: Sustainable Earth 2017 - A global forum connecting research with action (29 and 30 June 2017, Plymouth University)
- 'COURSE ON STRUCTURAL EQUATION MODELLING'
- JLCDS 11.3 on Project MUSE
- New Issue: Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies 11.3
- Call for chapter proposals – ‘Different Bodies: Disability and the Media’
- JLCDS 11.2 on Project MUSE
- Symposium CFP: Disability Gains for the Academy
- Meccsa Conference London + Meccsa funding for policy events
- HEFCE call for the appointment of REF 2021 Sub-Panel Chairs
- LIVINGMAPS NETWORK OPENING EVENT OF 2017/18 PROGRAMME SEPTEMBER 27 PUBLIC LECTURE
- Training on learning and impact evaluation (London), featuring experts from University of Warwick & University of California - Sept 2017
- 0.6 Research Associate - King's College London - Please forward to possible candidates
- Course: Practical Skills for Data Analysts
- What Internet do we want? Please participate in the netCommons survey
- Courses: "Social Media for Data Analysis" & "Introduction to R"
- Centre for Media & Celebrity Studies - NYC Media Panels (August 30-September 1)
- registration reminder-Rethinking Film Genres: East Asian Cinemas and Beyond
- Email: MECCSA-SMN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
- Ready Player Two - Shira Chess
- CFP: Trump-Era Horror Book
- CFP: Rendering (the) Visible III: liquidity
- Call for Articles in Communication/Media/Journalism studies
- Extended Deadline: CfP for Excursions Journal Workshop: Networks
The MeCCSA Radio Studies Network encourages interested colleagues to subscribe to the Radio Studies list (email: RADIO-STUDIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK), a forum for teachers, researchers and broadcasters active since 1998.
Please note that the MeCCSA mailing lists are all subject to the standard JISCMail Acceptable Use policy. This includes the following points:
- JISCMail is a service which runs mailing lists for the benefit of the UK Higher and Further Education and Research Community
- JISCMail does not allow spam, junk mail, chain letters or other unsolicited bulk email, commercial or otherwise, on any list
- The posting of unsolicited commercial or advertising material is not allowed
- Messages sent to JISCMail lists should be courteous and appropriate, and should not disrupt the flow of discussion on a list
- Copyright of messages sent to a JISCMail list are retained by the original sender
- Messages sent to a JISCMail list will normally be archived on the list’s homepage
- You will not attempt to mislead others as to your identity, either by providing false information when subscribing to, or posting to a JISCMail list, or by forging the headers and addresses in an email message
- Membership of a JISCMail list must be voluntary, and neither the list owner nor any other person may subscribe a person to a list without that person’s consent
- We reserve the right to remove offensive messages from our archives immediately
Please visit JISCMail Acceptable Use to read the policy in full.