University of Stirling
Networking Knowledge has one regular, two conference, and three COVID19-related special issues currently in the works:
- Bangor University MeCCSA PGN Conference 2019 issue – in production, and due at the end of the summer 2020.
- A regular issue of 6-8 articles – at copyediting stage, to be published in Autumn 2020.
- #TogetherApart special issue – abstracts from 12 different countries received, aim to publish in spring 2021.
- ‘Climate, Creatures and COVID-19’ special issue, guest edited by Rebecca Jones, University of Strathclyde.
- ‘Social Influence, Social Distance – Looking at the Cultural Impact of YouTube in Lockdown’ (special issue guest edited by Rachel Phillips and Henry Morgan, Cardiff University).
- MeCCSA PGN Conference 2020 (University of Brighton) special issue in lieu of conference.
During what is shaping up as a busy period for the journal, we will need more reviewers to help with the peer review process. Please consider becoming our reviewer. There will soon be a Reviewer registration option on journal website, but in the meantime, you can do so by filling out this short Google form.
Emma Kaylee Graves
Canterbury Christ Church University
The Postgraduate Network has been busily working behind the scenes to support the PG community in lockdown and in making plans for the future.
Annual Conference at the University of Brighton in September 2021
Unfortunately we had to postpone our 2020 annual conference at the University of Brighton to September 2021. However, we didn’t want this to mean that current postgraduates would miss out on the chance to present their work at a PGN conference if they are in their final year of study. Therefore, the 2021 conference will be open to early-career researchers as well as current postgraduate students. The theme remains the same (‘Mediating Place: Memory, Culture and Experience’) and the Call for Papers will re-open at the end of this year. We are looking forward to seeing your contributions.
Vote in the PGN Committee election
The 2020 elections for the MeCCSA Postgraduate Network Executive Committee are now live and we are calling on all postgraduates (Masters and Doctoral) to vote in the elections.Two roles are open for elections this year: Vice Chair and Associate Editor.
Please note that voting deadline is Thursday 3rd September 2020. To vote, simply follow this link: https://canterbury.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/meccsa-pgn-elections-2020
The PGN looks forward to welcoming new members to our Committee and providing a platform to share PG research at our conference and in our journal.